Authors: The undersigned
Document Type: Recommendation
Date: July 17th 2012
We the undersigned, having participated in the First Workshop on the City Protocol in Barcelona, July 16th and 17th, make the individual statement to declare ourselves an Open Community interested in the development of the City Protocol and hereby Agree:
- That the endeavor of establishing an Open Process of agreements, endorsed by an Open Community, related to the development and management of Cities, should be further proceeded by representatives of Cities, Industry, Academia, Organizations and Civil Society. We call this endeavor the City Protocol.
- That by Open Process we mean that every individual and/or organization should be able to participate in it with the only restriction of its good will to collaborate in the development of the City Protocol. By Open Community we mean that clear rules of membership should be established through which any willing City, Company, Research Center, Institution or Organization should be admitted to the Community. The deliverables of the Open Process of agreements exclusively created for the City Protocol, in the form of written documents, should be owned by the Community and made fully accessible to everyone through publication.
- That we commission an Interim Steering Committee (ISC) to lead this process until the constitution of a formal organization that we agree to call the City Protocol Society (CPS), which will be openly announced in less than 6 months. Once constituted the CPS, it will elect its Board under its formally approved Bylaws and the ISC will disband. The CPS will substitute the informal Community that we have hereby constituted and will assume the leadership and ownership of the City Protocol. This ISC will be made up by a provisory Secretariat, under Mr. Manel Sanromà from the City of Barcelona, and a group of volunteering representatives of Institutions to be assembled in one week from today.
- That the decisions by this ISC be taken by consensus and made available to the Community. The ISC will take all steps to ensure the possibility for any member of the Community to be able to make proposals and/or comments in the process of building the City Protocol.
- That we commit ourselves, to the best of our abilities, to openly disseminate the content and spirit of this agreement inside our Institutions as well as among other partners that might be interested in joining the City Protocol and/or the City Protocol Society, thus ensuring the Openness of the whole process.
The complete list of endorsers of CPA0: